Old 03-12-2003, 09:02 AM
Bumblebee

Default Naughty cats in gardens

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 05:45:27 GMT,"Wallaby" posted ...

We have one of those "hideous creatures" a dog and it never goes onto the
gardens - its called training, something that some "hideous humans" are
incapable of doing. Having a dog deters ALL cats. So get a dog and train
it!

Some people would love to have a dog but because they can't have a dog
shouldn't mean they *have* to be bothered by other peoples cats.

I've always had at least two trained hideous creatures [dogs] that enjoy
eating home grown tomatoes etc. and my neighbours used to laugh when I
spent two days putting protection around my tomatoes and other vegies,
though the neighbours were grateful when I handed over a few ripe
specimens.

My dogs have limited access to my front yard which does attract cats.
Where I live, our Council prohibits my dogs from wandering next door and
equally prohibits next doors cats or any cats wandering into my garden.

A neighbour without dogs has trapped around 20 cats in a 6 month period
all of which have been put to sleep by Council. I have trapped 5 in the
same period which were also put to sleep. Cats are an intruduced species
and if Mr or Mrs next door have a cat it should be confined and not
allowed to visit other peoples gardens.
--

Chris Bee