Old 04-12-2003, 04:22 PM
Rob Halgren

Default Phal naming question

Orchidlover wrote:

I bought my 4th phalaenopsis without flowers. Now it's blooming but
the flowers are very strange. I searched the web for a similar phal,
no luck.
Does anyone know, what's the name of this hybrid?
http://www.whitewater.hu/Mc/phalaenopsis_x.html

It is peloric, whatever it is. That means that the petals have (some or
all) of the characteristics of the lip. I'd guess it is a Phal.
stuartiana cross. Crossed with what, I do not know. Interesting
flower. I don't know that I like it (I'm not fond of peloric phals),
but it is certainly interesting.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit