Old 04-12-2003, 03:32 PM
Orchidlover

Default Phal naming question

I bought my 4th phalaenopsis without flowers. Now it's blooming but
the flowers are very strange. I searched the web for a similar phal,
no luck.
Does anyone know, what's the name of this hybrid?
http://www.whitewater.hu/Mc/phalaenopsis_x.html
Old 04-12-2003, 03:42 PM
Wendy

While I cannot help you with a name, I love it!!! Neat photos too.
If it is too strange for you, just send it to me! *G*
--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply

om...

Old 04-12-2003, 04:22 PM
Rob Halgren

Orchidlover wrote:

I bought my 4th phalaenopsis without flowers. Now it's blooming but
the flowers are very strange. I searched the web for a similar phal,
no luck.
Does anyone know, what's the name of this hybrid?
http://www.whitewater.hu/Mc/phalaenopsis_x.html

It is peloric, whatever it is. That means that the petals have (some or
all) of the characteristics of the lip. I'd guess it is a Phal.
stuartiana cross. Crossed with what, I do not know. Interesting
flower. I don't know that I like it (I'm not fond of peloric phals),
but it is certainly interesting.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
Old 05-12-2003, 01:42 AM

I don't know, there's an orchid encyclopedia reference somewhere in
here tho. Just wanted to say what a beatiful, healthy orchid--someone
knows what they're doing.

Old 07-12-2003, 05:43 PM
Susan Erickson

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 19:28:19 -0600 (CST),
wrote:

I don't know, there's an orchid encyclopedia reference somewhere in
here tho. Just wanted to say what a beatiful, healthy orchid--someone
knows what they're doing.

http://www.orchidspecies.com/ is the photo encyclopedia that
Jay Pfahl is building.

http://www.rhs.org.uk/research/registration_orchids.asp
Is the link to the RHS database for Orchid Registrations

I am sure there is Phal addicts website with all the species and
specialities... but Phal's don't like me, so I don't know where.

SuE

Old 08-12-2003, 10:42 AM
Orchidlover

Thank you but I'm a real beginner, I became infected by the Phal virus
in August:-)
I searched the web for a similar Phal, the result is only one similar
specimen, Phalaenopsis intermedia var diezii, a natural hybrid of
Phal. aphrodite and Phal. equestris. The flower is the same, the
colors are different.
I'm still searching.

wrote in message ...
I don't know, there's an orchid encyclopedia reference somewhere in
here tho. Just wanted to say what a beatiful, healthy orchid--someone
knows what they're doing.

Plant naming question Pat United Kingdom 32 13-11-2005 12:48 PM
Naming question Susan Erickson Orchids 7 02-12-2004 01:44 AM
Naming question Susan Erickson Orchids 0 01-12-2004 06:07 PM
Help naming Oncidium? Jay von Lehe Orchids 3 24-08-2003 11:12 PM
[IBC] naming styles Craig Cowing Bonsai 3 04-03-2003 03:39 PM