Old 04-12-2003, 08:13 PM
GrlIntrpted

Default Millipedes nightmare

It is millpedes. Though predators, they are considered beneficial in
horticulture. But, it appears that I'm fairly unique in my experience as
not a single soul is offering any advice .

Mariana

"J. Del Col" wrote in message
m...
"GrlIntrpted" wrote in message

t...
I'm having a millipede problem. Primarily in my paphs. I recently

noticed
that the new leaves and new fans simply stopped in their tracks. It

started
with the St. Swithin, which was finally growing a new leaf. Then the

Paph
Pinocchio, and at least 8 more paphs (I'm too lazy to got get the tags).
When I started digging into the mix (which is fairly fresh as I repotted
them all in the late spring of 2003) I noticed a millipede lazin' about!

crushed it and instantaneously (in quite a panic as I know they feed on
roots when food supplies are short)...

Was it a millipede or a pillbug?

Millipedes are predators, AFAIK

J. Del Col