Old 05-12-2003, 12:12 AM
Grandpa

Default Holy Sprouting Onions, Batman!

Fleemo wrote:

"Sue" wrote in message ...

ROFLMAO Fleemo!

All you'll get if you plant the onion is a bunch of leaves with eventually a
flower stalk.

Sorry, no free onions.

Sue

Ok, ok, I admit, I can be pretty dense. But how do you propagate
onions if not from the onion itself? I suppose you could use the
flower's seed, but don't you usually propogate things like onions and
garlic from the tuberous part of the plant?

I don't know about other peoples onions but they've grown for me this
way. Plant the little sucker and see if it grows for you too. You're
not out a thing by trying.
Hmmm,maybe all those onion sets and onion seeds I see in the nursery
every year are 'virtual'?