Old 05-12-2003, 01:04 AM
Susan Erickson

Default Allergic to Orchids?

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:29:43 -0700, "molli"
wrote:

I personally don't have any allergies to orchids Rob, but my husband and one
child have asthma. I know certain orchids in bloom trigger attacks in them,
so when my Goldenzelle blooms, or my brassavolas, I keep them in my orchid
room with the door shut. I'm seriously considering replacing husband and
child with more orchids.......

I do not have contact dermatitis, but I do have hay fever
reaction to any strong perfume... Zygo, Brassavola, Wilsonara
Golden Afternoon, any thing. When in bloom, I find them as soon
as the first flower opens. I spend more time at the window over
looking the gh than in it during the zygo season. I carry
kleenex. I own 3 'ladies of the night' and 2 Neofinetia falcata,
several other crosses with strong perfume.

Cym., Corn, Tomatoes, and Strawberries irritate my skin but not
to the point of a rash.

SuE