Old 05-12-2003, 02:32 AM
GrlIntrpted

Default Allergic to Orchids?

I am allergic to cymbidiums. I got rid of every single one that I had. My
skin literally breaks into enormous boils that last for about a week. I
react the same way to shell fish, and strawberries.

Mariana

"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
So, I'm randomly perusing the scientific literature (I just like to say
that), and I come across at least two articles about contact dermatitis
caused by orchids. One, a lady with a reaction to her Cymbidium
collection, and the other a report of a reaction to Paph. haynaldianum
(both in Archives of Dermatology). There may be more.

Anybody out there have an allergic reaction to their orchids? If you
did, would you still grow them??

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit