Old 05-12-2003, 01:02 PM
Sue

Default Holy Sprouting Onions, Batman!

HI Harry,

I start from seed in February, transplant the grassy sprouts in early may,
harvest onions in September.

I have tried "sets" as in the tiny bulbs but have better yield starting from
seed.

Fleemos comment that he had sprouting onions ontop of his fridge meant to
me that it was a full size onion, not a "set".

Sue

--
Breeze ( sue burnham)
"Give 'em Hell Harry" wrote in message

"Sue" wrote in message
ROFLMAO Fleemo!

All you'll get if you plant the onion is a bunch of leaves with

eventually
flower stalk.

Sorry, no free onions.

Sue

--
Breeze ( sue burnham)
"Fleemo" wrote in message
om...
I just noticed an 8" stem coming out of a neglected onion sitting atop
my fridge, which I'm inspired to plop in the garden. If I plant this
large yellow onion, which seems eager to become a plant, what will I
get out of it? Will it produce a cluster of onions like garlic? Grow
a solitary onion? I've never grown onions before, so I'm pretty
clueless here.

That's essentially how I grow onions.

How do you do it?