Old 06-12-2003, 07:02 AM
Phrederick

Default Holy Sprouting Onions, Batman!

"Fleemo" wrote in message
om...
Fleemos comment that he had sprouting onions ontop of his fridge meant

me that it was a full size onion, not a "set".

It is indeed a full size onion, and a large one at that. I was just
wondering whether this would yeild any additional onions, or what
exactly it would do if I planted it. If it's just going to grow a
flower stalk, perhaps it's not worth the trouble. Unless, of course,
I collect the seeds and propogate them that way. Any downside to
collecting seeds from a store-bought onion?

Why not just stuff it in a pot and have another green thing growing inside?