Old 06-12-2003, 10:55 AM
Sacha

Default Rosemary 'Severn Seas'

Charlie Pridham6/12/03 8:58

"Sacha" wrote in message
.. .
Just out of curiosity, I would love to know if anyone is growing this
Rosemary and if so, how they have found it to be during winter? I don't
expect many replies from the shivering North, I must admit. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

I have had it outside the last 4 winters, but have put on the edge of a low
raised bed and not too hemmed in to guard against the wet, lowest temp to
date -4c

Thanks, Charlie. We're going to try it in a similar situation this winter
but last year we went down to -5, so can only hope it survives. We're also
going to order and try out a Rosemary called Mont Blanc (IIRC) which we saw
at Olivier Filippi's nursery at Meze in France. It has snow white flowers
and I'm longing to give it a go. However, as he's best known for growing
and trialing totally drought resistant plants, I don't know how it will do
here!

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk