Old 06-12-2003, 07:37 PM
Sue Solomon

Default Help me identify these roses

Just a note --The HDs here in SoCal mostly carry older roses at those cheap
prices. Could the lavender perhaps be Lagerfield (large single blms) or
Sterling Silver (smaller blm, tends to blm in groups of 2-3)?

How big is the orange one's blossom? Does the color bleach out to buff? Does
it last well, and get really big and kinda floppy, and the plant grow really
tall and rangy? If the roses came from Home Depot, my guess for the orangey
one is 'Medallion", and my guess for the yellow rose is "Kings Ransom". KR
is everywhere (it's also a great old rose, healthy and attractive plant,
blooms abundantly and beautifully). I bought a yellow bareroot rose last
year from HD, and it was mislabeled... it turned out to be Medallion.
Sometimes you can't even tell by checking the labels!

Just my guesses. "A rose by any other name...", you know! :-) Hope they
keep on blooming beautifully for you. Love your album!
Sue Solomon

"slackjeep" wrote in message
om...
"Gail Futoran" wrote in message

If you purchased your roses locally, chances are good
nurseries will continue to sell them. You might check again
in the spring after the bushes bloom for the first time.
Take blooms & some leaves around to nurseries and see if you
can identify them. I've had some luck with that when tags
were missing from roses planted by former house owners.

Good luck!

Gail
San Antonio TX Zone 8

Great idea Gail. I may do that some day. Depends on how desperate I
get in wanting to know a name. I may just get over it! haha
however, if I don't, I can't remeber where I even bought them...
mostly likely Home Depot. I doubt they'd be much help.

Thanks again.