Old 07-12-2003, 05:02 PM
ER

Default Rosemary 'Severn Seas'

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 23:43:47 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Just out of curiosity, I would love to know if anyone is growing this
Rosemary and if so, how they have found it to be during winter? I don't
expect many replies from the shivering North, I must admit. ;-)

I don't know what sort we've got, it came from B&Q most probably. The biggest plant
has been outside 4 or 5 years (south west) and, though the roofers had a pretty good
try this spring, nothing has stopped it flourishing yet. I've snipped bits off
(taking cuttings would be too grand a term for it), dipped the end in some ages-old
rooting compound, and potted it up. The second bush, planted a year or so ago is also
flourishing. I've got younger cuttings coming along and so has half the street now.

So far this winter, daylight temps have dropped to -3 and below about 4 times.

hth

Liz
FF