Old 24-01-2003, 03:41 AM
dkar

Default South Florida Cold

I'm curious if anyone has ever tried to use that heated tape you wrap water
pipes with to keep them from freezing? I doubt they sell it in Florida.

Here in zone 5, we always struggle to keep the garden alive as long as
possible, and I've often wondered if running a section of that stuff down
the bed would do any good. I don't think its cheap though...thats the down
side.

dkar

"Caps990" wrote in message
I have a mesh green house that I cover in plastic during the cold weather.

With
the forecast for freezing temps this weekend any ideas how to best protect
orchids that are outside.

Thanks,

Gene