Old 08-12-2003, 04:13 AM
mg

Default Fragrant orchid!

It could also be Onc. ornithychum. I've got one blooming now and it
smells just like Sharry Baby. Or, to be more accurate, Sharry Baby
smells just like it. Looks completely different than Sharry Baby though.

Diana Kulaga wrote:
I may be completely wrong, but the first thing that comes to mind is

Sharry

Baby. IIRC, it is an Oncidium and as such wants a fair bit more light

than

do phals. But if you can keep phals happy, I would guess that you can

keep

it happy with some extra supplemental light. If I am mistaken, and it

won't

be the first time, someone more knowledgable than I will undoubtedly

correct

me. After all, I don't have a Sharry Baby myself. :-)

I don't think you're wrong, Ted. Sounds like Onc. Sharry Baby to me. As far
as light is concerned, it does take more than Phals, but in my experience
the Onc's don't need the high light that Catts and Dends get.

Diana