Old 08-12-2003, 08:34 PM
Gale Pearce

Default Goldfish Colour Change

They start changing from the belly up - I have had GF 1" long , a few months
old go bright orange, and on the other end of the scale have had them 3" +
long up to 2 yrs old and still black- gray before they started to change.
They change at their own pace. Actually, I don't think they ever quit
changing color - some of mine have gone all orange and then started white
areas, as well as some going all white/ cream color
Gale :~)
"Paul" wrote in message

I have several small 1" goldfish in my container pond (about 400L) they

are
currently dark brown/black on top with lighter bellies, will they ever go
gold?

I have heard they do but is this just a myth??

Paul