Old 08-12-2003, 01:02 PM
Paul

Default Goldfish Colour Change

I have several small 1" goldfish in my container pond (about 400L) they are
currently dark brown/black on top with lighter bellies, will they ever go
gold?

I have heard they do but is this just a myth??

Paul

Old 08-12-2003, 02:03 PM
Cybe R. Wizard

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:52:44 -0000
"Paul" wrote:

I have several small 1" goldfish in my container pond (about 400L)
they are currently dark brown/black on top with lighter bellies, will
they ever go gold?

I have heard they do but is this just a myth??

Paul

Probably by spring.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.
Original PORG "Water Wizard," R.P.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Theo van Daele

Agreed,

In my pond I usually have a few stray young'uns from our goldfish, and
normally they turn orange in the next spring. This time however they
already started changing color in November.

Theo

Old 08-12-2003, 08:34 PM
Gale Pearce

They start changing from the belly up - I have had GF 1" long , a few months
old go bright orange, and on the other end of the scale have had them 3" +
long up to 2 yrs old and still black- gray before they started to change.
They change at their own pace. Actually, I don't think they ever quit
changing color - some of mine have gone all orange and then started white
areas, as well as some going all white/ cream color
Gale :~)

Old 09-12-2003, 02:32 AM
Hal

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:52:44 -0000, "Paul" wrote:

I have several small 1" goldfish in my container pond (about 400L) they are
currently dark brown/black on top with lighter bellies, will they ever go
gold?

I have heard they do but is this just a myth??

No. Most months I find more than one shubunkin of different sizes
changing colors. Some of the black and gold colors as they change
are really exciting, but most of them change into just nice looking
gold fish.

Regards,

Hal