Old 09-12-2003, 02:04 PM
animaux

Default Ironite

Ironite has been shown to have high levels of arsenic and other heavy metals. I don't
recommend using it in an organic program, or any soil program. Dry molasses sold at feed
stores is a much better iron, and it is in an easy form for microbes to ingest and make
available. For smaller areas, black strap molasses which has not been de-sulfured is
another great way to get iron to plants. It can be used in pump up sprayers at a rate of
one tablespoon to gallon of water, but thoroughly dissolved in hot water before mixing it
with cold water.

Victoria

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 08:37:36 -0600, J Kolenovsky opined:

Someone told me that Ironite is manufactured from soil taken from
Superfund sites?