Old 09-12-2003, 02:06 PM
TRAINMAN9

Default Cattleya Portia

Anyone got a brilliant idea before I expose it to the freezing temperatures
outside???
--

I have a Portia Cerulea 'Sir Jeremia Coleman' that just finished blooming. Some
cattleyas are light sensitive and many are short day plants. Since this is a

If it is exposed to light in the evening it may not bloom. Are there any
outside lighting that may be effecting the blooming? If you are growing indoors
or under artificial lighting you may want to change the length of time you have
the lights on. You also do not say how big the plant is. Mine is in a six inch
pot and the pseudobulbs are at least 18 inches tall.

Fertilizer amount does not seem to have any effect since I have not used any on
this plant.