Old 09-12-2003, 02:32 PM
Reka

Default Cattleya Portia

Well, if it's a short day plant, then it should be damned happy here. :-|
The sun comes over the eastern Dolomites at about 10 a.m. and goes down
behind the western Brenta group at 1:30 p.m. ... It is hanging above my bed
under the skylight, so it does get a bit of light from my reading lamp
before I go to sleep, if you think that would bother it.
The 6 growths are about a foot tall above the rim of the 6" pot. The newest
growth is much lighter green and has three leaves instead of just one like
the others. As I said, the pot is one of those net pots for water plants.

--
Reka

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

"TRAINMAN9" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Anyone got a brilliant idea before I expose it to the freezing

temperatures
outside???
--

I have a Portia Cerulea 'Sir Jeremia Coleman' that just finished blooming.

Some
cattleyas are light sensitive and many are short day plants. Since this is

winter bloomer I would venture a guess that it is a short day plant.

If it is exposed to light in the evening it may not bloom. Are there any
outside lighting that may be effecting the blooming? If you are growing

indoors
or under artificial lighting you may want to change the length of time you

have
the lights on. You also do not say how big the plant is. Mine is in a six

inch
pot and the pseudobulbs are at least 18 inches tall.

Fertilizer amount does not seem to have any effect since I have not used

any on
this plant.

---