Old 09-12-2003, 06:42 PM
Bill Sikes

Default [IBC] techniques of aerial roots ficus

Hello, Hung Le!

Try keeping the humidity very high while keeping the soil more to the dry
side. This should encourage aerial roots to sprout.

You can also try cutting the bark where you want the root to sprout, cover
with moist sphagnum moss, and keep the moss damp until the root sprouts.
You can then extend the moss toward the soil as the root grows, holding it
in place with twine or thread.

Bill
Bill Sikes
South Georgia, USA