Old 09-12-2003, 08:04 PM
Jeremy Lunn

Default Sunflowers In Pots (Very New To Gardening)

On 2003-11-15, Treant h*u*g*_*a*_*t*r*e*a*n*t*@*h*o*t*m*a*i*l*.*c*o*m wrote:
above 5 feet tall... Are they going to keep growing or are they going to
reach a limit (due to the size of the pot) and simply stop or am I kidding
myself that I can keep these flowers in pots at all? sorry if that's a

Unless they're shallow rooted, you might have to repot them and let them
grow to their full height. From what I've seen, when plants outgrow
their pots, it doesn't stunt their growth, instead their roots grow
through the bottom and in some cases the pots break. In any case it
doesn't leave the plants in a healthy condition once they're too big for
their pots.

Then again you might want to read this:
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/...312830089.html

--