Old 09-12-2003, 08:04 PM
John Savage

Default Sweet lemons

"Snogoose" writes:
Looking for a sweet??? lemon with a loose skin. My husband was the
gardener, but as he has gone to the garden in the sky it is left to this
brown thumbed gardener. I live in SE Qld, frost free area.. Any
suggestions appreciated. Please reply to group as fake address to prevent

A loose skin on a mandarin makes it easy for kids to peel, but I'm
puzzled why you would desire a loose skin on a lemon? I've never seen
such a thing on lemons, anyway.

The sweetest true lemon I've tasted has been a bush lemon. Their skin
is thick (lots of pith) and wrinkled, but definitely not loose. When
peeled the fruit was about half the size I'd started with, but I could
easily break it up into segments and eat the pieces without wincing.

Perhaps if you explain what attribute the loose skin will afford we
can be more helpful.