Old 11-12-2003, 05:12 AM
J Fortuna

Default Decipher my name tag

I have seen the cross Dtps Sun-Chen 'Beauty' (yes, I know Tio established
that this is misspelled, but it is misspelled in quite a few places on the
Web) x Phal Carmela's Pixie referred to as Dtps Taisuco's Pixie -- I do not
know whether this necessarily means that you have a "Dtps Taisuco's Pixie"
though -- Is it possible for two plants to be crossed in different ways, for
example if the seed parent and pollen parent are reversed, and result in a
different hybrid name?

By the way, several sites referred to this cross as one of the best
multiflorals around -- of course they were trying to sell it, so maybe they
were not most objective, but you may decide that you prefer to take them at
their word, since you own it :-) I have seen several sites mention that Dtps
Taisuco's Pixie has an AM/AOS. My question to the experts out the Does
this mean that every Taisuco's Pixie can claim the award? or only ones that
are from the same grower as the awarded plant? How does this awarded cross
thing work?

ATTENTION: The stuff below this line may be pure BS, since I am just
guessing.

MAY could be the month when it was last repotted -- the first part of the
number might belong with MAY, meaning that it may have been repotted on May
03, '03? The reason why I think this is possible is that I have seen many
growers put the last potting date on the tag. Of course the number might
just be a serial number in a catalog, but if it is not, would LFO stand for
leaf onset or something like that? and B for bloom?

Joanna

wrote in message
I bought an orchid today and should be a Phal. but the tag says:

MAY 0303LFO4B0216
Dpts. Sun Chen Beauty x P. Carmela Pixie

Can someone read all they can from this and then post it - trying to
look up a picture of it, at least the cross parents, thanks ......Burr