Old 11-12-2003, 05:37 PM
Sacha

Default Buddleia ID, please

Martin Sykes11/12/03 5:23
om

"Sacha" wrote in message
.. .
A friend of ours has a Buddleia and has promised us cuttings of it but he
was given it and doesn't know (or perhaps, remember) its name. It and has
very large ovate leaves - much bigger than the 'usual' Buddleias. The
flowers are, apparently, a bluey-grey. It was given to him by a now dead
gardener called Esther Merton - trouble is Ray can't remember the name of
her garden!! Where is Tim Longville when I need him?! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Alta Vista turned up one match in an article about hellibores

Amongst the more curious individuals which have turned up in recent years,
Strangman had a running form which originated in Ireland and came to her
from Esther Merton. This spreads rather than forms clumps and was always the
first to flower in her garden at The Old Rectory, Burghfield.

Thanks, Martin. That's the only reference I could find, too.
I like the sound of that Hellebore, too!
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)