Old 11-12-2003, 05:42 PM
christopher johnson

Default Pseudobulb Shrinkage

I am a beginner/intermediate home grower who has been collecting for about
five years. I have maybe 20 different species of various types.

The problem I have is that I have yet to have an orchid in which the
pseudobulbs do not shrink and wither. It seems that the same orchids also
have wildly folded leaves.

Basically I have a problem with sustained decline I guess. I water, but
probably not enough. I fertilize, but probably not enough. And I have many
books and resources but only a few even mention the shrinkage issue, yet
alone the wild foliage. I can post some pics if needed.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks