Old 12-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Sacha

Default Buddleia ID, please

Gea Jones12/12/03 3:40

snip
All buddleia comes from China, I have been growing it for years[for
butterflies], it is very strong , and hardy,
and if I had a choice,
I would rather not have the one you describe, which I have a lot of , trees
of, but the very dark purple one which is a stunning colour,
I do like the white as well,
best I like the round orange one , but it doesn't like outdoors !
Gea

I should have been more specific, Esther Merton brought this particular
Buddleia back from China herself. She grew it at The Old Rectory at
Burghfield, which was her garden for some years ( as I learned today). She
gave a cutting to our friend who says that it grows as tall as his large old
house each year and has to be cut right back. We have all the others you
describe but didn't know this one and don't know its name. We'd like to
have it because it flowers early and looks stunning beside a Rosa Banksia
lutea, which is how we would like to plant it.
If you have this one, could you tell me its name, please.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk