Old 13-12-2003, 05:37 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default reply at long last

On 26th July I sent a number of what I thought were easy questions to
Kew. Yesterday, I received a reply.

It seems date palms will survive outside in a sheltered spot, but need
to be wrapped up in the winter against cold winds and frosts.

They don't know what a granadillo is, though some of my English
dictionaries do.

Tamarind: big, leguminacae, and not hardy. (As I guessed)

They don't know what amarulas are. Am I spelling it correctly? (also
seen as merula and something else, but I've lost the

Lemon question was answered by urg in early September.

*AND* I enclosed SAE.

Generally,

Kew v. urg: score = 4 - 1 to urg

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)