Old 14-12-2003, 03:32 AM
Chuck Gadd

Default home depot bulbs

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:04:28 GMT, "benthic"
wrote:

o.k. they've gone and changed the t12 bulbs or at least the packaging for
the "sunshine" bulb which I belive were ge chroma 50's now there is some
kind of sunshine bulb packaging and also a "plant & aquarium bulb" I was

The sunshine bulb is (or at least was) a GE Chroma 50. You should be
able to identify a Chroma 50 by looking at the actual tube. The GE
part number is F40C50 and the older ones had Chroma 50 written on the
tube.

There always has been a GE "plant and aquarium" tube, and I've never
liked them. Their color temp is very low, and their output (at least
in visible light) is low.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua