Old 13-12-2003, 03:12 PM
benthic

Default home depot bulbs

o.k. they've gone and changed the t12 bulbs or at least the packaging for
the "sunshine" bulb which I belive were ge chroma 50's now there is some
kind of sunshine bulb packaging and also a "plant & aquarium bulb" I was
wondering if anyone knows anything about whether these bulbs are any good.
i.e. spectral info, CRI since they don't list any of that on the package. I
would assume that home depot sells the same line of bulbs at all their
stores.

Not intersted in paying out my *ss for relabeled aquarium bulbs,
Ben

Old 14-12-2003, 03:32 AM
Chuck Gadd

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:04:28 GMT, "benthic"
wrote:

o.k. they've gone and changed the t12 bulbs or at least the packaging for
the "sunshine" bulb which I belive were ge chroma 50's now there is some
kind of sunshine bulb packaging and also a "plant & aquarium bulb" I was

The sunshine bulb is (or at least was) a GE Chroma 50. You should be
able to identify a Chroma 50 by looking at the actual tube. The GE
part number is F40C50 and the older ones had Chroma 50 written on the
tube.

There always has been a GE "plant and aquarium" tube, and I've never
liked them. Their color temp is very low, and their output (at least
in visible light) is low.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua

Sodium Grow Light from Home Depot MC Gardening 9 14-04-2011 06:06 PM
Shade cloth at Home Depot? [email protected] Orchids 17 01-09-2003 05:22 PM
Rose bushes at Home Depot Mceezee Gardening 7 15-05-2003 02:56 AM
Salt at Home Depot or Lowes? Bob Ponds 3 12-05-2003 12:45 AM
whats' the chroma 50 bulb from wall mart or home depot Wynand Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:15 AM