Old 14-12-2003, 05:42 AM
Janet Baraclough

Default The moths, the moths

The message
from "pete" contains these words:

I know there is a reason for everything in nature but....
We are getting inundated with moths at the moment, not exactly a plague but
there are possibly 100 or so each day that we have to either catch and let
go or have been through the fan in the ducted air con and get blown around
all over the place.

They are about 1 inch long and seem almost as active in the day as they do
at dusk, and they seem to want to fly to the windows to get out but (and I
ask them all this same question) why did they come in in the first place if
all they want to do is get out?

If they aren't sure what they are looking for or don't know exactly
where it is, they must be males. When they maim themselves with domestic
equipment, it's better they should die quickly rather than keep making a
mess all over the house.

Janet.