Old 15-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Lavender bush pruning

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:34:24 +0000 (UTC), Robert wrote:

: I have bushes that have grown far bigger than expected - beautiful but
: overpowering. What to do?

If you prune them you should not cut into the old wood as they will not,
generally, shoot from this. I would tend to wait until new growth to prune
them rather than do it at this time of year ........... or after flowering

However, I have seen lavender cut back ruthlessly into old wood
in late winter do very well at regenerating. It might have been
the luck of the draw, but beware thinking that these general
rules never have exceptions.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada