Old 15-12-2003, 09:42 PM
r1

Default dormant spray questions? sulfur vs. copper etc

"FarmerDill" wrote in message
The best dormant spray for pit fruits that I have encountered is oil

emulsion
(dormant oil spray) Lime and sulphur combination dormant sprays is good

for
certain conditions. Copper sprays are normally used only for control of

fungus
like brown rot in fruits and are applied after fruit set. In any event,

unless
you have a huge orchard and are comfortable mixing chemicals, buy a

prepared
mix which sets the amount water to be used in dilution.

Drops of sap, especially on the trunk, may indicate borers which requires

fairly strong pesticide applied when they become active ie about full

bloom to
petal drop.

Thanks, Dill.
I was trying to understand the difference in effect of using copper and
sulfur. The instructions on the containers say they are both good for peach
leaf curl, which is the main problem I have. I didn't say, but I always mix
in some Volk oil.