Old 16-12-2003, 01:05 AM
John Hines

Default Video Monitoring of Pond?

"SueAndHerZoo" wrote:

appreciate hearing from you. Of course he's now getting carried away with
this challenge and thinking it would be great if we could "view" the pond
from any website anywhere, and also "pan" the yard so that I can see BOTH
ponds, one at a time. I'd settle for something simpler.... just being able
to watch the activity in my turtle pond when I'm in the house would be
great. Any suggestions, please?

Get an outdoor color camera, there are some in the $100-200 range, and a
RF modulator from Radio Shack (get the expensive one, that allows a wide
variety of channels). Run the output of this into you antenna/cable with
a splitter, using an un-used channel.

Now your pond will be just another channel on your TV, you can have
multiple channels (3 is common on the RF modulators), so each camera
would have its own channel.

IMHO, it is better than a blank screen.