Old 16-12-2003, 01:32 AM
D Kat

Default Saddam Hussien has been captured

I am extremely surprised and happy to hear that Saddam was captured alive.
It gives us considerable credibility and it was the right thing to do.
Hopefully he will get an honest and fair trial without it damaging us.

There is nothing nice that I can think of to say about the man but the fact
is that there are a lot of leaders out there that are worse than he was/is
and we turn a blind eye to them if they serve our purpose (as we did
Saddam - don't suppose anyone remembers the photo-op of Rummy shaking
Saddam's hand which happened after the whole world knew that he had used
WMD on the Kurds in his country?).

In my opinion Iraq was nothing more than a scapegoat for 911 in which the
only connection was that it was a middle east country (yes I know they have
Al Qaeda members there as they do here, England, and every other country of
importance). We can try to use this to massage our feelings but if we do so
and ignore the facts then we are doing a great disservice to a great country
(ours). As I tell my children frequently - it is extremely important that
you know when you are lying to yourself or rationalizing. You do yourself
great harm in doing so and not recognizing it in time to correct it (you can
become quite obese if you cannot acknowlege that the 1-3 pounds a year you
are putting on is adding up and you need to correct the problem).

wrote in message
but down a rat whole and looking like Charles Manson and being taken

alive. who
woulda thought it would end like this. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.