Old 16-12-2003, 05:03 AM
Peter Jason

Default Any Bougainvillia experts here?

A while ago I planted 5 bouganvilleas in a row to be sure of getting one.
As it turned out three took and bloomed.

The most vigourous was a violet one closely followed by a pure white one,
and just lately an orange one is breaking through.

Having the three colours together gives a fantastic display, though I have
to cut them back severly sometimes, and the things bloom all year round!

Have you tried some rooting powder (indoleacetic acid and 2,4,T mixture)
with the cuttings?

"Wishy13764" wrote in message
I made a couple of cuttings a couple of weeks ago of my Barbra Kurst

variety,
one of the easiest to grow in the Bougie family, for me anyway. He dropped

its
last bloom so I cut it back for new growth. its in a pot, indoors, here in

the
east. 2 of the cuttings have shown new leafs at the tips, but when i check

for
roots, i don't see any. If I plant them as they are, would they grow

without
showing roots? I would keep it a closed container for humidity sake. Also,

have another Bogie, that goes as a Harissi variety with variegated leaves,

but
no flowers in 6 years...why? I treat it the same as the one above and that
blooms at least twice a year.