Old 16-12-2003, 05:04 PM
FarmerDill

Default dormant spray questions? sulfur vs. copper etc

Thanks, Dill.
I was trying to understand the difference in effect of using copper and
sulfur. The instructions on the containers say they are both good for peach
leaf curl, which is the main problem I have. I didn't say, but I always mix
in some Volk oil.

Never found either of them effective against Peach leaf curl which was
prevalent in the New River Valley. Have not encountered it since I moved to
Georgia. At that time I used a fungicide especially formulated for peach leaf
curl (Ferbam) . According to Virginai Tech Daconil will also work. If you are
organic Gardens alive claims that thier "Soap Shield Fungicide" will work. They
also claim that Bordeau Mixture will work but I have tried that one with VERY
poor results.

dill