Old 16-12-2003, 05:32 PM
Bob Hobden

Default It said on the packet -

"Alan wrote in message ...

Sow late Oct - Nov, which I did, but the plants are about 3 inches high
now, will they suffer through the winter?

BTW the seeds are Broad Beans Aquadulce!

It's just about the hardiest Broad Bean but we found when planted in
autumn/early winter we lost a number during the coldest months and we are in
the soft South!. Of course it could have been the quite wide temp.
variations we get that did the damage.
To overcome this we got to planting them at the end of Jan so they only
started to grow as the weather improved which worked well and I don't think
it held back cropping at all.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars
348 data units completed.