Old 16-12-2003, 07:13 PM
Rod

Default It said on the packet -

Alan Holmes wrote:

Sow late Oct - Nov, which I did, but the plants are about 3 inches high
now, will they suffer through the winter?

BTW the seeds are Broad Beans Aquadulce!

Alan

That's a bit more advanced than I prefer but you might be OK if frosts aren't too
hard. I sow mid/late Nov and expect them to start showing just before or soon
after Christmas - Newly emerged seedlings seem to be much hardier than more
advanced ones. I learned this when watching the response of self sown beans to
frost compared with the November sown ones.
--
Rod
http://website.lineone.net/%7Erodcraddock/index.html