Old 16-12-2003, 11:18 PM
Hazell B Hazell B is offline
Registered User

Location: East Yorkshire
Default composting shredded paper

We used to bed the horses on thick strips of newspaper or Yellow Pages and that went down as fast as straw, but without the added hassle of barley seeds in the compost!

I guess only time will tell how much you can add to a compost heap, but we had about 50/50 horse muck and paper with no problems so long as it was damp and not allowed to get too clogged with lumps of pure paper.
I'm thinking of starting a lawn laying business and calling it Sodding Perfection