Old 17-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] Trees to avoid collecting or trying to work with !

Henrik said:
I totally agree but... I have not managed to do this. And by excluding
species you really never learn what type of trees you like (or wich
trees like you).

So true. I am fortunate in working with ornamentals, because when my colleagues have finished experiments, they give me leftover plants. I get a lot of things that simply will not work as bonsai, but I also learn a lot about plants I never would have cons
idered. For instance, I was given some Enkianthus, and after working with them, I think the genus is very promising for bonsai. The trunk is gorgeous, the leaves are small and turn red in fall, the flowers are lovely, the branching is fine and graceful,
the tree buds back readily..... I recommend it to all of you.

Nina.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++