Old 17-12-2003, 05:32 PM

Default Saddam Hussien has been captured

I agree. Like what did we do about Idi Amin. The problem with "saving" the people of
other countries is the same argument against welfare or handouts of any kind. The
recipients dont feel grateful, they feel entitled and get very resentful when we
expect anything in return. Look at the US population ..... the vast majority would
die to protect our freedoms from tyranny. Obviously, the vast majority of Iraqis dont
feel that way or somebody woulda taken Saddam and sons out a long time ago.
Freedom from tyranny is not a tangible thing and they arent willing to put up with
the discomfort of no hot water, no AC, no electricity and other dislocations for
"freedom". Everyone in that country got a gun but they cannot scrape themselves
together to form a cooperative and protect their homes and themselves from criminals
or from terrorists who want to take back control. This is a very poor field to plant
freedom in, it will wither and die. Ingrid

"D Kat" wrote:
the factis that there are a lot of leaders out there that are worse than he was/is
and we turn a blind eye to them if they serve our purpose

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.