Old 17-12-2003, 07:07 PM
EDMUND L CASTILLO

Default [IBC] Carving slate

It was my impression that this discussion was about carving slate as a slab
on which to create a group planting. Maybe I jumped to that conclusion as
that's the only use I have seen for a slab. I would not consider a piece of
slate or other flat rock a good base for a bonsai pot, probably because of
the double hardness impression.

ed castillo in nw va