Old 18-12-2003, 02:32 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] was "how to dig"

Jim Lewis wrote:

Other times there is a
single tap root descending into a crack and it proves

impossible to
collect.

These are the ones you kill because by the time you find that
out, you have disturbed the plant beyond hope of survival. :-(

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only to the
white man was nature a wilderness -- Luther Standing Bear
(Ogallala Sioux Chief)

I have collected a few trees that were growing in a wide crack between rocks, and
some that were growing on top of rocks that could be simply lifted off. Growing
out of a rock, I've never collected one that survived. Unless Luc has considerable
experience collecting trees in this situation I'd recommend he leave it and admire
it. I've had to do that many times.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37