Old 19-12-2003, 03:02 AM
Steve

Default Autoclave

Kye wrote:
.................... With or without lids???

With lids. Exactly as you will take them to your new Laminar Flow
Cabinet. When the time comes to grow seeds, you will open them there and
"install" the seeds, and reclose, right? To test the pressure cooker,
don't open them at all. If no fungus or anything grows, the pressure
cooker passed its test. Later you can test your technique in the Laminar
Flow Cabinet to see if you pass also.
By the way, I am replying based on some knowledge of autoclaves and
pressure cookers. Perhaps someone who has actually used a pressure
cooker in flasking orchid seeds can confirm what I say or add to it?

Steve