Old 19-12-2003, 01:33 PM
Steve and Lisa

Default Travelling Frogs?

We started out with 6 tadpoles in the spring, ended up with 5 frogs in the
end......three of which left my pond only have two remaining. LOL, if you
live in North Canton Ohio...maybe they were ours. ;o)

Lisa
"Toad" wrote in message
I've had numerous frogs take up residence in my small pond for a few weeks

at a
time, and I've often wondered where they come from, and where do they go

from
here? I found a rather large, striped one in the pond today, that wasn't

there
last week. In fact, there have been no frogs in my pond for the last two
months. Earlier in the year, there have been from 1 to 3 frogs in my pond

at
any given time, but they're not always the same frogs. It seems like my

pond
is a frog motel, that they stay in during their travels. I never see

frogs in
my yard or in the streets, (I live in a suburban area), the nearest body

of
frog-friendly water is over 1/4 mile away, so I wonder how they travel to

and
from my pond. Anyone else have this situation?
Regards,
Byron Wood