Old 19-12-2003, 01:43 PM
p.mc

Default turfed lawn

Thanks Hazel

--

Please type in p.mc in personal replies
or leave signature otherwise posts will
not be recieved

Regards
p.mc
"Hazell B" wrote in message
s.com...
p.mc wrote:
*Hi

I've just had turf laid, and in preperation I bought Miracle grow
lawn food
to try and help with the growth, but after the men had finished I
told them
what I intended to do and one of them said it was a waste of time and
should
leave it untill the spring.
So I decided to post to this group to see wether or not this is the
right
thing to do as it says on the box to apply soon after the turf is
laid.
By the way the turf doesn't look very good I think it's what you'd
call
meadow grass? I can't complain either as it is a rented property.

TIA

--

Please type in p.mc in personal replies
or leave signature otherwise posts will
not be recieved

Regards
p.mc *

It is indeed a waste of time and effort doing anything to the lawn now
as far as feeding is concerned. If you wait until about mid March (ish)
and use half the recomended dose it should get things going, but I'd be
tempted to just water in dry weather after growth starts and not feed
at all to be honest. Encourage the roots to go out looking for their
own food, as this will make the whole lawn stronger in the long run.
--
Hazell B
I'm thinking of starting a lawn laying business and calling it Sodding