Old 19-12-2003, 06:14 PM
KevinH

Default [IBC] Gift giving question/need help

Henrik Gistvall wrote in message

A membership in a club would be a good idea. I would give her a book or
two. One beginners book (make sure you take in concern what type of
climate she can offer the trees, indoors vs outdoors, japanese vs
species found at the local garden center or in the forest) to get her
started and a book with beautiful pictures of bonsai to get her
enthusiastic. Donīt know how much money we have left, maybe a tool or
two like a pair of scissors or a watering can ;-). Another good idea
would be a beginners class, maybe at the local club. I would not buy

trees!

Thank-you Henrik and Jim for these excellent suggestions. I've decided on
the Sunset book on bonsai, a clipping tool, am looking into classes, and a
gift certificate for $50.00 to a nursery in MD that specializes in bonsai.
While it doesn't have the punch of receiving a live plant in the mail, it
makes a lot more sense. Again, thank you.

Regards,
Kevin - zone 10b