Old 19-12-2003, 07:13 PM
Giancarlo Podio

Default How much water movement in 55G planted tank?

I think the XP2 will give you sufficient water movement. You can also
personalize the output using a spray bar or other method to customize
the flow and current. I use an Eheim 2217 on the 55 gallon and it
provides more than enough current, I actually had to slow it down a
little at first until the filter became a little dirty. Now it's
perfect.

I have tried an extra powerhead and while the extra current seems to
help reduce the accumulation of any dust algae on the glass, it is an
eyesore in such a tank and difficult to hide.

Hope that helps
Giancarlo Podio