Old 20-12-2003, 01:12 AM
Leanne

Default Hi!

Thanks andrew, sounds wonderful!

We have lots of bush rocks, I live in Alice Springs I was going for a
more natural look because the area i want it is sort of tropical with ferns
and stuff, and a spa about 8 meters away.

I'd rather make the waterfall myself, but the catchment or pond area I'd
like to buy pre-made. I've read that its good to leave a 'pocket' from where
the last rock goes into the pond because it makes a better sound... is this
true?

Thanks
Leanne

I have made a couple myself, and a few with others.
Really it is hard to sary without an idea of what you want.
You can go totally natural looking, making the whole lot with bush rocks,

or
go the typical fibreglass ponds with small pockets for the waterfall.
The best I ever made was a waterfall that ran down into a "creek bed"

along
side a footpath to a front door. I made it all with bushrock, the creek

bed
was plastic liner with rock on top of it, finally leading to a large tub
buried in the ground that was hidden by mesh and bush rock. The tub held

the
pump which returned the water back to the waterfall.
My only advice is to have lots of bushrock to choose from if you go with
that. Fit them together as best as possible to minimise the mortar between
them, and try avoid big bulging mortat joints, something that I have

noticed
some people do deliberately.
Pick your pump according to the height and length the water has to be

pumped
(a place that sells pumps should help you) and if you do decide on a pond
the easiest is pre-moulded, then there is very little chance of cracking

and
leaking.
Good luck

TIA