Old 20-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Charlie Pridham

Default Gardening Planning type of Software

"Zizz" wrote in message

"Phil" reply to group wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
.. .
Phil20/12/03 12:15 pmreply to

Any suggestions for good garden planning t ype of software? I used

have a
Geoff Hamilton some years ago which I found very poor and wonder if

today's
versions are better?

Phil

This question gets asked quite often here and the general consensus

seems
always to be that a pencil and a piece of paper is still the best

method.
--

Sacha

I'm not surprised as I am a constant doodler.

How about software that shortlists suggestions for planting, by size or
season or colour type of thing?

Phil

I think what's needed is a comprehensive plant database where you can

search
on all the parameters you've mentioned, size, season of interest, colours
and a whole load of other things as well such as soil type, hardiness and
more I won't mention though you'll get my drift.
Now that'd be the piece of software I'd be interested in.
As for planning and design ... maybe a few graphical representations and
photos of types of gardens to inspire, but eventually that part is down to
the planner/designer as that's the artistry.

The RHS are claiming to have such a beast up and running on their web site
(haven't been and looked yet so no idea how good it is)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk